Saturday, March 31, 2007

Testimonies From the Road in 2005... Nashville, TN

Revisiting Promise Keepers 2005:

"The Awakening - An Unpredictable Adventure"

at the Gaylord Entertainment Center, Aug 12-13 2005




Nashville photo by veteran PK photographer Wayne Armstrong
_____

I attended my first Promise Keepers conference in Nashville and had a wonderful experience while there. I learned how to be a better father, husband and Christian. I will be attending more PK conferences in the future. I never thought that 13,000 men could sound that good singing. I was definitely wrong.

Dana
Altoona, AL

_____

I have an incredible testimony to share about this weekend in Nashville. It was just absolutely glorious. The Lord moved and worked in my heart, my soul and my life so much! I was blessed by the Lord to become real close friends in just 2 days with a guy that I didn't know that I rode the bus with. By the time we left last night it was like we had known each other all our lives. God is so good! Glory to his high and holy name! He is worthy to be praised and I love him so much. I thank God for all my brothers in the Lord - what a blessing they are to me. I thank God for Promise Keepers, too. God is using you all in a mighty, wonderful and powerful way and I thank Him and praise Him for that. God bless you all richly.

Darrell
Oneida, KY

_____

Thank you PK for coming to Nashville. I was a volunteer security guard at the event. This was my first visit to a PK event, although it will not be my last. I did not expect to receive as big of a blessing as I received. I was thinking it would be more work than pleasure. I was wrong. I now have a whole new outlook on things, especially my family. I do not have enough room or time to tell you how awesome it was. Please try to take every one you can to this event. You will be blessed by God. On Friday night 100+ people got saved. I have not found out about Saturday yet. I know the altar was filled with twice as many people. Thank you God!

Darrell
Lebanon, TN

_____

This year's conference in Nashville was another one out of the park! We brought 14 guys up from Thomaston, GA and half were first time attendees. This morning (Sunday) one of the guys that come with us from another church called us to let us know that he had called his wife this morning and for the first time in 6 months they were going to church together. We found out while at the conference that they had been separated. This conference touched him like no I have ever seen. To the man God has brought a refreshed awakening into their lives and I am thankful for the new men that have come back to our church family and their families. Great job!

We have 6 more guys going to Orlando and I will be there to help minister to them. Promise Keepers has been a faithful partner to me as a Pastor.

Thank You, and I look forward to PK returning to Atlanta in 2006.

Tommy
Thomaston, GA

_____

I would like to thank three members of your organization. I do not remember their names but they will know who they are. They are from the Hopkinsville, KY area.

On Saturday, Aug. 13, 2005, my family and I were traveling back from vacation in Myrtle Beach. After deciding to continue traveling home (thus not stopping overnight in Nashville), at approx. 6:00pm, we had a blowout on Highway 24. No sooner than we had pulled onto the shoulder, three promise keepers pulled behind our vehicle, changed our tire, gave us directions to the nearest tire store, told us the limitations of the "doughnut spare", gave us a map for reference and basically turned a stressful situation into something positive.

In a world that so much is written about the negatives that exist, it enthuses me to write about the positive influence that your organization promotes. Please keep it up and know that our family is committed to "passing it forward" to the next person that is in need.

Jay
St. Peters, MO

_____

I was at the Nashville event and had spoken to my wife just before the Saturday meeting and she seemed a bit out of it as she is a type one diabetic. I told her to get a bite to eat and I would call her back. Well, in the middle of the first speaker's message I felt that something was just not quite right. I finished listening to the speaker (Buddy Owens: "Hearing God's Voice") on hearing God speak to you. I tried to call my wife and was unable to get her on either phone. Worried, I called information to get my neighbor's phone number to call them as I was about 15 to 20 min from home. Information was unable to find their number so I knew then I was going to have to leave the event and go home as my wife could be in bad shape and my two-year-old daughter may also be up and out of her bed wandering around the house.

I called 911 on my way home and made it home before the ambulance could arrive. I found my wife still in bed and her blood sugar low. My daughter was playing in her room and my neighbor took her as the ambulance arrived. My wife was given some attention by the ambulance and her sugar levels were brought back to a safe level and she was fine.

During the speaker's presentation he talked about having an older person that would hold me accountable. I thought of a man that I work with, and had planned on speaking with him on Monday. Well, after my wife was back to normal my Nextel went off and it was the man I had planned on speaking to on Monday calling me for a computer emergency. I asked if he had a few moments to talk and asked him if he would hold me accountable. He was honored and accepted. I was also able to bring a public school back online the weekend before school started so teachers and administrators could continue to prepare for the first day of school.

I do believe that God was speaking to me that day, and due to what was said by the speaker I was able to hear Him and act upon what God wanted me to do.

Michael
Nashville, TN

_____

I've been attending PK events since 1994. The just-completed Nashville event was one of the BEST! The speakers challenged each of us. My Christian brothers and I talked all the way home, opening up and revealing our hearts to one another in ways that we'd not done before. The Lord has used PK to CHANGE MY LIFE. I praise GOD for the continued good work that is done through PK, drawing men back to a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ!

David
Flemingsburg, KY

_____

I had several people that I work with try to talk me out of attending, and they were Christians no less. I almost had myself talked out of going. I just knew that I was not going to get anything out of it, let alone have a good time.

I am so glad that GOD gave me the strength to resist the temptation to not go! I re-dedicated my life to Christ, to my wife and to my children. Now I know that I can and will be a better husband and father, as well as a Christian. I will definitely attend again. Thank you so much.

Jeff
Sparta, TN

_____

I took my 16-year-old son to the Nashville event this past weekend. What an awesome bonding experience! We laughed, we cried, we worshipped, we prayed, we hugged -- and most of all we TALKED!

Randy
Snellville, GA

_____

I was blessed to attend Promise Keepers in Nashville this last weekend with my younger brother, who is a minister in Kentucky. This was my first time to attend, and at 57 I am a relatively new true believer. This was one of the most powerful experiences of my life and I just wanted to thank the many people who make this ministry work and to let you know I will be a lifetime supporter. Also, I am contacting clients and friends in Raleigh to line up attending with them next year. God bless you real good!

Larry
Nashville, TN

_____

The stage set-up this year was great. The three panels that raised and tilted for the worship time, the side panels with the song words, the panels behind the band - they all worked well, looked good, and were utilized well with all the video and background visuals. An excellent job by the stage design folks this year...

This was my 12th year and 16th conference and I enjoyed it very much. I was able to get about 30 guys from my church to go - most of them for the first time. This was, by far, the largest group I've been able to take over the years. They are all looking forward to next year in Atlanta. It is finally catching on. You guys are doing a great job...

Bruce
Huntsville, AL

_____

I just wanted to write a few things about the PK event this past weekend in Nashville, TN. What an awesome time of worship and refreshing, all the speakers were very open to share their defeats and their victories found in Christ. On Saturday morning I found myself re-commiting my life to Christ in a new way. Then, during the Saturday afternoon sessions, the Lord spoke to my heart and said "Just as you recommitted to Me this morning, you need to recommit yourself to your marriage and to your wife." So when I got back home on Saturday evening, I asked my wife to forgive me and I was recommitting my love to her and to our marriage.

I thank God for you PK - may God bless you and the speakers!

David
Portland, TN

_____

Learn more about attending one of Promise Keeper's upcoming men's conferences! Registration is available online.

We would love to hear from YOU! Tell us your story in the comment section below.

No comments: