Friday, July 6, 2007

What can happen in fifteen days?



Within the next fifteen days, there's quite a flurry of activity surrounding the conference. It's hot outside, there are lots of emails flying around, databases to reconciled, paperwork to file and phone calls to make to finish out the extraordinary volunteer effort by the local volunteer team. But take some time to rest and see what God is up to.

What is God up to? - With your prayers, He is stirring the hearts of men to boldly pursue Jesus Christ. To this day, God is still using Promise Keepers, not because Promise Keepers is great, but because God is.

Here's a testimony from a first timer from the Promise Keepers' conference in Anaheim. Let this be an encouragement to all - your efforts and most importantly your prayers do make a difference!

I had never before attended a PK event prior to this last weekend. I was invited by my brother-in-law who has been to quite a few of these events.

During the last couple of months, I have made some life-changing decisions. I recently left the career that I was involved in for the last 6+ years with nothing planned to fill that void with. I also began attending church regularly for the first time since I was a child. I needed to make a change in my life in quite few ways if I intended on keeping my family together and keeping my health. My brother-in-law and a few other friends that are Christians have provided me with great support.

I arrived on Friday evening not really knowing what to expect. The first speaker really hit home with me because, I too am a military veteran. I never served during a time of conflict, but I related to everything that he was saying. When his son-in-law came out, this really hit home. I too came from an abusive and broken family. This is what led me to the military at the age of 17. Hearing what they had to say sent me the message that this is where I needed to be this particular weekend.

The rest of the speakers and entertainers were equally inspiring and taught me a lot about myself. I am a newly devoted man of Christ and am very thankful for the invitation that was made to me to be part of an amazing weekend. I became very emotional several times throughout the weekend and am forever grateful for what I went through. I am greatly looking forward to next years event here in L.A. Thank you PK for a great GOD filled weekend.

Fernando
Simi Valley, CA

No comments: